zondag 21 januari 2007

Still alive!

Yep, that whole new computer was a bit harder to get running then expected. That’s clear. But it’s up and running now, so I’m back with all new content again.

Didn’t do much stamping since that orange card I showed early January. Made a card for my mother-in-law, she had her birthday last Monday. Forgot to make a picture of it though, so can’t show it here. It was a dark red card with a 3D-picture of a tabby cat by Francien van Westering, a really talented painter from Holland. You’ll just have to take my word for it that is was a nice card.

I went to a sale yesterday with my mother and my friend L. It was held at a stamps factory in the city of Eindhoven. And we all had some mixed feelings about it. Yes there were great deals and enough stamps to go round. But I was there for the second time and saw a lot of the same stuff as last year. And my mother, being supportive to all stamp-related initiatives from our own country, had bought quite a lot of new stamps from that manufacturer this year. But it turned out a lot of those new stamps were up for grabs as well! So she paid well over €100,00 for a couple of unmounted Ready2stamp sheets, but I was able to pick out only the ones I really liked and go home with 22 stamps for only ten Euros. That really sucked. Maybe I should not have bought those stamps after all. I just hope that my mother will be more careful buying products from them. And I didn’t really like the way they worked before, that has not gotten any better after yesterday…
But it’s only fair to mention that I did have some great deals. I went home with 30 unmounted stamps (we call them ummies), a big ink pad (Fresh green by Colorbox), a cat’s eye (Lime by Colorbox again) and a very, very cute alphabet starring Pooh, Tigger and Piglet. I have been lurking on that set from All night media for almost three years, but now I finally bought it. This much to the likes of my Hubby, who is a big fan of Pooh. So this was my second treasure bath this year, and January is not even over yet!

Geen opmerkingen: