maandag 1 januari 2007

Happy new year everyone!

"Eeeeehm guys, is it twelve o´clock yet? I think it is, isn´t it?"

We went over to friends last night to celebrate the new year. We had a great time. In fact, we were so preoccupied with our little game of "Munchkin", we didn't notice the new year had began for five minutes! Of course there were fireworks to let us know, but there had been fireworks all day. So we kind of missed 0.00 o'clock this year -oops-. Never happened before.

We brought two little glasses with plants with us for the lady of the house. I wrapped them up myself and added two stamped labels. One glass had a "G" dangling down a piece of ribbon (the Dutch word for "Happy" is "Gelukkig", that's why there is a G involved). The other glass had a "N" for new year (or "Nieuwjaar" in Dutch). I took some pictures of the packages, but was in a big hurry (as always, we never seem to get anywhere on time), so the shots are somewhat blurry. This is the best one of the bunch.

As you can see, I wrote the complete words of the greeting on the stamped letters. I used a Tsuneko Glaze roller pen (real white) for that. Great tool if I may say so. Works on all colored surfaces, including on the inside of my very dark blue and green Christmas cards this year. Letter stamps are from a foam alphabet set by Memory Makers.

Anyway, I wish everyone all the best for this new year. May it be filled with lots of stamps and stampingly good times! And who knows, maybe I´ll have some major breakthrough this year, like getting discovered by a major stamp/scrap-magazine, or even starting my own stamp-related business. Better keep on reading my blog then, just in case...

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Hello Ilona
What a nice blog! I was wondering if you could enlarge the pictures of the birthdaycard for your sister in law.

Bye bye Heleen